For individuals and businesses who need the occasional legal advice, general counsel may be the answer.
Your Individual Needs:
Have you ever wanted to tell someone “You’ll be hearing from my lawyer” or simply wish you had a personal attorney that you could call at the drop of a hat to consult you on a legal problem? Well, now you can.
Here are some common scenarios for which you may want to hire a personal attorney:
- You have been denied unemployment benefits and need assistance with an unemployment appeal hearing.
- You want to file a Charge of Discrimination with the EEOC and want to make sure that you do it correctly.
- You have filed a Charge of Discrimination with the EEOC and have been asked to participate in a mediation.
- You have become involved in a workplace investigation and want to know how to navigate it and protect yourself.
However, there are many other situations where having your own labor and employment attorney would make a big difference. Whatever you need, we are here to help you. Because your work matters.
Your Business Needs:
We understand the importance of running a business successfully while maintaining a positive reputation in the community. We help businesses ensure that they are providing safe and fair workplaces that are compliant with the law. What better way to protect and promote your business?
We are selective and serve as general counsel to a limited number of businesses. In this way, we can work with you more exclusively and promptly, without jeopardizing your business.
We are dedicated to efficiently serving your business needs in the following areas:
- On-call legal counsel – for when you need advice on legal issues
- Human Resources assistance – for when you want to properly handle employee issues
- Presentations on employment law topics – for when you want to educate your employees
- Training on legal compliance – for when you need to keep management up-to-date
- Employee handbook – for when you need to create or update employee procedures
- Company policies manual – for when you need to create or update company policies
At the end of the day, employers have the opportunity to prevent, or at least minimize, workplace issues from becoming lengthy and costly lawsuits. We encourage businesses to handle employment disputes early. Being proactive and promptly responding to issues that arise in the workplace is key. That is why having on-call general counsel available can be a game changer, not to mention more cost-effective than having in-house counsel.
If your business needs a new, innovative approach to its employment challenges or has been unsatisfied with its legal counsel, we are in the business of building relationships and are here to help you. Because your work matters.